Joris is from a little town in the south of Holland, in the middle of white asparagus country. We always get ours at the queen of asparagus, Annie van Hoof. She owns a nursery in a place called Olland. Her little shop is like heaven. I always enjoy going there.
How it works with white asparagus:
– you buy 500 gram per serving
– you buy AA quality
– you buy them pealed if possible
– you keep them in a wet towel in the fridge
– you cook them for 3 minutes and then leave them in the hot water for 17 minutes
– you could add some lemon juice to the water
– you eat them with a sauce of lemon juice, vegan mayonaise and salt and pepper. Nice fresh.
– potatoes are a nice addition.